The French government next week will pass a law that will provide a framework for the rebuilding of Notre-Dame Cathedral, Prime Minister Edouard Philippe said after a weekly cabinet meeting that was dedicated to the issue.
- Philippe says law will include further tax breaks for small donations; existing deductions will apply for donations over EU1,000.
- Culture ministry to set up special unit to oversee project.
- Philippe says no estimate yet of the cost of the reconstruction.
- Says law makes it easier to modify tax breaks and construction procedures.
- “It’s a huge challenge, a financial responsibility,” Philippe says about President Emmanuel ...