Tax interest rates rates are to fall one percentage point for the third quarter of 2019, the Internal Revenue Service said June 5.
The decline in the third-quarter rates follow rates that held steady in the second quarter.
The rates for the three-month period starting July 1 are:
• 5 percent for noncorporate overpayments and underpayments;
• 4 percent for corporate overpayments;
• 5 percent for corporate underpayments;
• 2.5 percent for the portion of a corporate overpayment exceeding $10,000; and
• 7 percent for large corporate underpayments.
The rates of interest are determined quarterly under the Internal Revenue Code. For taxpayers other than companies, the overpayment and underpayment rate is the federal short-term interest rate plus 3 percentage points.
The third-quarter interest rates were published in an IRS news release (IR-2019-103).
To read more from Payroll News pleaseOR Request Trial
To contact the reporter on this story:
To contact the editor: Michael Baer at email@example.com.