Colombian Finance Minister Jose Antonio Ocampo speaks to reporters in Bogota.
- Dividends to be taxed at an effective rate of between 0% and 20% under new proposal; in original bill, top rate was 39%
- Tax rate on windfall gains to be 15%, though not for lotteries
- Gasoline price to rise 200 pesos per gallon from Oct.
- New proposals come after meetings with lawmakers
- Congress needs to pass bill for it to become law, and it would take effect on Jan. 1
To contact the reporter on this story:
To contact the editors responsible for ...