Norway will temporarily remove the air passenger tax on all flights through October and drop all airport fees through June in a package presented by the Finance Ministry on Friday.
- Increase in public costs due to the package estimated at more than NOK1b, with reduced 2020 tax income seen at NOK1.6b and delayed tax payments of NOK3.9b
- Employers will now only have to pay two days of wages for laid-off workers before the state takes over payment of benefits, down from 15 days
- Companies that are running at a loss will be able to write back the loss against previously taxed gains, while owners can defer payment of a wealth tax if their companies are loss-making
- To provide enhanced support for skills enhancement and corporate training in companies that are affected by the outbreak
- To boost discretionary funds to municipalities that have incurred greater additional expenses
associated with the coronavirus
To contact the reporter on this story:
To contact the editor responsible for this story:
© 2020 Bloomberg L.P. All rights reserved. Used with permission.